Approved procedure, quick results
Drilling Resistance Measurement
The IML-RESI System is based on the principle of measuring the drilling resistance. A drilling needle is inserted in the wood under constant drive. While drilling, the needed energy is measured depending on the drilling depth of the needle.
That way, anywhere and with little effort it is possible to get information about structures, inner defects or residual walls of trees and wooden constructions. Depending on the instrument series, the obtained data can be recorded electronically and then transmitted, evaluated and processed on your PC with a specific software. This is a precision job that delivers significant results.
- Tree care and inspection to maintain safe parks, roadways and forests
- Check the stability of utility poles
- Diagnose decay in wooden playground equipment as required by law
- Inspect structural wood in timbered houses, bridges and buildings on stilts for vulnerabilities and safety risks
The measurement profile delivers information about the internal condition of the wood. It show annual rings and density behavior as well as decayed zones in the wood.
Measuring curve (electronic recording)
The y-axis describes the drilling resistance in % (Amplitude height).
The x-axis describes the drilled way in cm.
The drilling needle
- 100-150 drillings/needle (depending on the operation)
- Diameter needle shaft: 1,5 mm
- Diameter needle tip: 3,0 mm
- Sturdy special alloy & coated surfaces
- Reinforced needle tip
- Grounded bit